Saber Heat automatically identifies standing heats by reading Saber heat patches.
Cows are automatically drafted when the Saber heat patch is activated or missing. Cows can then easily be inspected for Artificial Insemination (AI).
When you install Saber Heat you’ll enjoy:
- Automatic identification of standing heats via an activated or missing Saber heat patch
- Automatic drafting of cows that are identified with an activated or missing Saber heat patch
- Easy identificiation of non-cyclers for corrective action
- Easier mating allowing you to extend AB and reduce or eliminate the use of live bulls
- Simple suite of reports with previous heat information to aid mating decisions
How Saber Heat Works
- The Saber booth is installed before the Saber drafting gate.
- As cows exit the dairy shed they walk through the Saber booth and a photo is taken of their Saber heat patch
- If a Saber heat patch is detected as activated or missing, the cow is automatically drafted (either straight away or at your specified milking).
- After milking, reports are available with previous heat information enabling informed decision making on whether to put a cow up for AI.