Privacy Statement – Europe
For our standard Privacy Statement, which applies to individuals outside of the European Union, click here.
This Privacy Statement applies to personal data processed by the wholly and partially owned European subsidiaries and affiliates of Livestock Improvement (New Zealand) Corporation and to personal data relating to individuals who are in the European Union.
LIC Europe (which means the wholly and partially owned European subsidiaries and affiliates of Livestock Improvement (New Zealand) Corporation) hereinafter referred to as “LIC Europe”, “we”, “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This Privacy Statement will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit www.licautomation.com, saber.licautomation.com or saberfarm.com (“Our Site”) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. Please read this Privacy Statement to understand how and why we use your personal information when you use Our Site. If you do not agree with the personal data practices described in this Privacy Statement, please do not use Our Site.
What information do we collect about you
When you deal with us, register, or make a purchase via Our Site you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself. We need certain information so we can provide the services you’ve requested. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide you with the relevant services.
Some of the information you provide to us is personal information. We might collect the following types of information:
Information you provide to us
- Contacts details such as your name, address, telephone numbers and email address;
- Payment details.
Information we obtain through automated technologies or interactions
We obtain information about your interaction with Our Site via cookies. Generally, we cannot identify you from the information obtained through cookies. For more information about cookies, please click here.
Information we obtain through third parties
We may collect personal information from third parties such as credit reference agencies, direct marketing service providers, advertising networks and other service providers.
How we use your information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
Needed for your contract
- to provide the goods, services or information you’ve requested;
Required by law:
- we use your personal information to comply with laws and regulations.
Our legitimate interest.
We use your personal information for our legitimate interests as shown below. We have taken account of any privacy risks and ensured that your data protection rights are not affected. We believe these uses benefit our customers. You can contact us if you have any questions using the contact details below.
- to check your credit worthiness;
- for our own internal record keeping and administration; and
- to help us provide and/or improve our services and products;
Where practical we will de-personalise and aggregate data for analysis.
Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal information with:
- our group companies, which means our subsidiaries, our holding company and its subsidiaries;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- our legal advisors, auditors, insurance advisors and financial services advisors;
- credit checking agencies;
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, the prospective buyer (and its advisors) of such business or assets; or
- in the event that we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, such third party where the personal data held by us about our customers is one of the transferred assets.
We may also share your personal information where required by law.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) in countries which may not offer adequate safeguards. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, our subsidiaries or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
You may contact us to find out more or to obtain a copy of the appropriate safeguards.
How long we use your personal data for
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We have and maintain appropriate technical and organisational security measures in place in order to protect your personal information.
We carry out ongoing monitoring of our information technology systems including email, wi-fi and internet systems. This includes activity logging, analysis and internal audits and external formal audits by third parties who can access information processed and stored on LIC Europe’s information technology systems for that purpose.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our Site may contain links to other websites. This privacy statement only applies to this website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other website owners. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any other websites that you visit.
Your data protection rights
As an individual, under EU law you have the right to request that we:
- provide you with information as to whether we process your data and details relating to our processing, and that we provide you with a copy of your data (‘access right’).
- rectify and/ or update any inaccurate data we might have about you without undue delay (‘right to rectification’).;
- the right to object to processing of data relating to you (‘right to object’).
- under certain circumstances, be restricted from processing your data (‘right to restriction’).
- under certain circumstances, erase your personal data without undue delay (i.e. the “right to erasure”). and
- under certain circumstances, furnish you with the personal data which you provided us with in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format (‘right to data portability’).
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority at any time.
- UK ICO – helpline: 0303 123 1113 or via the contact form on https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
- Irish Data Protection Commission – telephone: +353 57 8684800, +353 (0)761 104 800 or via e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
The exercise of your rights might be subject to certain conditions and we might require further information from you before we can respond to your request.
You may exercise your rights by contacting our Data Protection Champion at the address or e-mail address provided below.
Questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding this Statement and the information we hold are welcome and should be addressed to us at email@example.com. We endeavour to deal with all requests promptly and efficiently.
Data Protection Champion
Phone +64 7 856 0700
LIC Corporation Limited, Private Bag 3016, Hamilton, New Zealand
Changes to our privacy statement
We reserve the right to change this Statement from time to time in our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will publish those changes on Our Site. At the bottom of this document you will find the date on which this Statement was last updated.
Last updated: 21 December 2018