For our Privacy Statement for Europe, which applies to individuals who are in the European Union, click here.
This policy sets out how Livestock Improvement Corporation Limited and its related companies and subsidiaries in New Zealand (“LIC”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) treats personal information that it collects and receives about you. This policy tells you what personal information we collect, how we use and share that information, and finally, how you can contact us with questions or concerns.
Collection of Personal Information
When you deal with us, register, or make a purchase via our web site you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself. We need that information so we can provide the services you’ve requested. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide you with the relevant services.
Some of the information you provide to us is personal information. This means it can be used to identify you personally (for example, your name, address, telephone numbers and email address).
The personal information you provide to us is stored by us for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose we collect it for, as disclosed to you.
Use of Personal Information
Your personal information may be used by us:
– to provide the services or information you’ve requested;
– to send you news, information about our activities and general promotional material which we believe may be useful to you;
– to monitor who is accessing the web site or using services offered on the web site (including in relation to the security measures set out below);
– to profile the type of people accessing the web site; and
– to help us provide and/or improve our service and products.
Other than for the purposes specified above, personal information which we collect from you may be de-personalised and then aggregated for analysis, or analysed on its own. We may provide your personal information to third parties for LIC’s reasonable business purposes, web site requirements and as set out in the Cookies section below, but it will never be sold to third parties for marketing purposes.
If you request us not to use your personal information in a particular manner or at all, we will adopt all reasonable measures to observe your request but we may still use or disclose that information if:
– we subsequently notify you of the intended use or disclosure and you do not object to that use or disclosure;
– we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of their functions; or
– we are required by law to disclose the information.
– Your e-mail message content may be monitored by us for trouble-shooting or maintenance purposes or if any form of e-mail abuse is suspected.
We consider it is the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s use of our web site.
Your personal information is stored securely by us in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. We frequently review our security measures.
LIC carries out ongoing monitoring of its information technology systems including email, wi-fi and internet systems. This includes activity logging, analysis and formal audits by LIC or third parties who can access information processed and stored on LIC’s information technology systems for that purpose.
By using LIC’s information technology systems including email, wi-fi and internet you accept that these are being monitored.
Inquiries and Requests